A Complete Long Distance WiFi Solution
The Wirie is a
complete wireless solution for the boat and RV, that’s easy to
use, easy to install, and most importantly, greatly increases your
ability to access wireless networks from the comfort of your own boat or RV!
• Simply mount The Wirie, install the included software, and plug the USB cable into your computer.
• Practical Sailor reviewed and tested, offers highest performance on the market, greatest flexibility, upgradeable, marine grade. (See the Practical Sailor review for full details).
• Completely waterproof enclosure and antenna allow for permanent installation outside.
• Marine grade mounting system:
• All mounting hardware is stainless steel and aluminum
to provide a long, rust-free life, especially important in the marine environment.
• Waterproof enclosure
keeps all wire connections and WiFi adapter protected from the elements. The Wirie is rated at IP67 and NEMA6 (this means you can submerge The Wirie for 30 minutes in 1 meter of water with no water ingress).
• Hinged enclosure allows easy access to and removal of WiFi adapter so
it can also be used off your boat or RV with your laptop. (Includes 5dBi mini
antenna and 3’ USB cable for portability.)
• Exclusive, true marine grade, 8dBi Antenna (click for more information)
is attached to enclosure to ensure extremely short coax cable
run from antenna to WiFi adapter. (The longer the coax run the more signal loss there is.)
• 15’ of USB cable allows the cable to be run to the interior of the boat or RV, and
the length can be extended with USB Active Extension cables up to 79 feet.
(No signal loss in USB cable.)
• There is only one USB cable (included) to connect, no other power sources or
Ethernet cables often used in more complicated installations are needed.
(Click here for more information
about The Wirie solution vs. Ethernet/POE/Client Bridge solutions)
• Create your own "hotspot" on your boat to allow multiple computers and devices (iPhone/iPad) to access the internet at the same time. No additional hardware, wiring, or electricity needed. (Please see our FAQ
for more information.)
• The Wirie is compatible with all 802.11g and 802.11b networks. (Ask why 11b is often better in the marine environment.)
• The Wirie supports all current security protocols in order to access secured networks as well as “open” networks.
• The Wirie is compatible with Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000, Linux (2.6.X), and Mac (10.6, 10.5, 10.4 and 10.3, 32bit Kernel). Requires one USB 1.1/2.0 compliant port.
• The Wirie is easily upgraded in the future, as new and improved technology is available; simply replace the WiFi adapter inside the waterproof case with newer technology.
• The Wirie utilizes the best 1000mW WiFi adapter on the market. The average laptop internal WiFi card transmits at only 50mW.
• The Wirie utilizes a marine grade 8dBi omnidirectional antenna
in order to provide the longest range possible for the marine environment while maintaining stable connections as the boat swings or rolls.
• The Wirie is 100% upgradeable to The WirieAP
. Upgrade kits are available on the purchase page.
• Available Colors: Pacific Blue, Burgundy Red, SOLAS Yellow (reflectors not included)
--> Click here to purchase The Wirie.
--> Click here for information about The WirieAP.
--> Click here for detailed technical specifcations about The Wirie.
--> Click here to read what others are saying about The Wirie.
--> Click here to read our Frequently Asked Questions about The Wirie.
--> Click here to read about The Wirie systems in various publications.
--> Click here to read why The Wirie systems are truly Marine Grade.
Product Comparison Chart:
(Click on chart to see a larger image)