The WirieEx (Extender) is used to extend the WiFi coverage for The WirieAP+/pro local WiFi network and to connect Ethernet devices to the network. Shipped with mounting hardware and POE adapter with DC electrical pigtail (1A fuse and electrical cable not included).
The WirieEx in action
The WirieEx performs the functions of both a wireless bridge and a WiFi repeater to allow additional coverage areas for The WirieAP+/pro local WiFi network on larger yachts, as well as provide the ability to connect hard-wired Ethernet devices to The WirieAP+/pro local network.
DETAILED INFORMATION ABOUT THE WIRIEEx
- The WirieEx will repeat the WiFi signal from The WirieAP+/pro so you can provide additional coverage on larger yachts. On yachts longer then 50', we recommend the use of a Wirie Extender to assure good coverage everywhere below decks.
- Computers and devices used onboard will automatically "roam" between the WiFi networks based on signal strength. As you move around the vessel, the devices will automatically switch to the stronger signal.
- The WirieEx is small (6" x 1.5") so it can be mounted in tight spaces and away from view.
- The WirieEx is powered by a 12-24V power source. A short power pigtail is provided, additional DC cable (not included) is required for installation.
- The WirieEx provides an Ethernet port to connect hard-wired Ethernet devices. If needed, a network switch can be connected to provide multiple Ethernet ports.
- If desired, multiple WirieEx products can be installed and configured for very large vessels.
- There is no software to install. A 100% web-based User Interface gives you access to all functionality of The WirieEx from any WiFi enabled device, including your iPad, iPhone, or Android device.
- The WirieEx can be upgraded over time when new firmware updates become available. These are provided free of charge and are available for download in our support section.
- Requires DC electrical cable, 1A fuse, and optional switch to power on/off.
|Physical dimensions||6” x 1.5” x 1.5”|
|Power consumption||~3W (250mA@12V)|
|Voltage supported||10-28V DC|
|Maximum DC cable||Unlimited|
|Shipping size||8" x 2" x 2"|
|Shipping weight||1 lbs 0 oz|
|Data rate||Up to 150Mbps|
|Security||WEP 64/128, WPA, WPA-PSK, WPA2, WPA2-PSK, AES, TKIP|
|Frequency range||2412-2462 (NA)|
|Adapter transmit power||400mW (26 dBm)|
|Operating systems||Any (Windows, Apple, Linux, Android, iOS)|
|Compliance||FCC Part 15.247, IC RS210, RoHS|
|Operating temperature||-30C to +75C|
LOVE it – it has changed our life….now we fight over being on the internet all day….hehehe, but we will solve that one soon with your new product [The WirieAP]!!
Bought a Wirie 1 year+ ago for use on a boat in the BVI and had good success. Took it back to the U.S. and upgraded to The [Wirie]AP unit. Used it on a six week 9,000 mile RV trip and LOVED IT!
This season in the Caribbean, my Wirie outperformed my fellow cruisers’ antennas. Many places I was able to get a good internet connection when they could not.
The Wirie works great in St Barths! Works in St Kitts! All good. The Wirie works in St Maarten! The Wirie works in Colon, Panama! Works in Panama City too!!! Works in the Galapagos! – though the buggers have most of it password protected. Nuka-Hiva (Marquesas) – works
If anybody asks, The Wirie works perfect for us here in Horta in the Azores.
Personal/business checks (Items will ship after the check has cleared.)
All orders will be shipped out within 24 hours of being placed, excluding weekends and holidays.
We will ship anywhere in the world. Customer is responsible for all shipping charges and any customs duty and/or taxes due at time of import into their country.