The WirieEx (Extender) is used to extend the WiFi coverage for The WirieAP+/pro local WiFi network and to connect Ethernet devices to the network. Shipped with mounting hardware and POE adapter with DC electrical pigtail (1A fuse and electrical cable not included).
The WirieEx in action
The WirieEx performs the functions of both a wireless bridge and a WiFi repeater to allow additional coverage areas for The WirieAP+/pro local WiFi network on larger yachts, as well as provide the ability to connect hard-wired Ethernet devices to The WirieAP+/pro local network.
DETAILED INFORMATION ABOUT THE WIRIEEx
- The WirieEx will repeat the WiFi signal from The WirieAP+/pro so you can provide additional coverage on larger yachts. On yachts longer then 50', we recommend the use of a Wirie Extender to assure good coverage everywhere below decks.
- Computers and devices used onboard will automatically "roam" between the WiFi networks based on signal strength. As you move around the vessel, the devices will automatically switch to the stronger signal.
- The WirieEx is small (6" x 1.5") so it can be mounted in tight spaces and away from view.
- The WirieEx is powered by a 12-24V power source. A short power pigtail is provided, additional DC cable (not included) is required for installation.
- The WirieEx provides an Ethernet port to connect hard-wired Ethernet devices. If needed, a network switch can be connected to provide multiple Ethernet ports.
- If desired, multiple WirieEx products can be installed and configured for very large vessels.
- There is no software to install. A 100% web-based User Interface gives you access to all functionality of The WirieEx from any WiFi enabled device, including your iPad, iPhone, or Android device.
- The WirieEx can be upgraded over time when new firmware updates become available. These are provided free of charge and are available for download in our support section.
- Requires DC electrical cable, 1A fuse, and optional switch to power on/off.
|Physical dimensions||6” x 1.5” x 1.5”|
|Power consumption||~3W (250mA@12V)|
|Voltage supported||10-28V DC|
|Maximum DC cable||Unlimited|
|Shipping size||8" x 2" x 2"|
|Shipping weight||1 lbs 0 oz|
|Data rate||Up to 150Mbps|
|Security||WEP 64/128, WPA, WPA-PSK, WPA2, WPA2-PSK, AES, TKIP|
|Frequency range||2412-2462 (NA)|
|Adapter transmit power||400mW (26 dBm)|
|Operating systems||Any (Windows, Apple, Linux, Android, iOS)|
|Compliance||FCC Part 15.247, IC RS210, RoHS|
|Operating temperature||-30C to +75C|
I LOVE my Wirie. It has been great. I have managed to pick up signals everywhere we have been. In St. Lucia at the Pitons I had no problem, in Bequia, I got a signal from onshore, and here (Grenada) I have one also! Just awesome!
Just wanted to let you know we are in the Bahamas and the WirieAP is working GREAT!!! Thank you so much for all of your help and support! You’ve been awesome. Truth is, our WiFi connection has never been better and I would recommend the WirieAP to anyone.
I installed my Wirie [AP+] and love it. I’m writing on it now [and] leaving Texas next month to start cruising. I’ve gone here at my local marina from not able to reach the wireless, to locked on and quick emails. (from seeing one wifi [network] to seeing 24 [networks]). Thanks again for your product.
I recently inherited The Wiriepro (which was incredibly simple to set up, thank you!)
Wow, a product that does exactly what it says it can do. We got our [Wirie] AP+ installed last Friday. We no longer have difficulty keeping our connection up at the marina.
Personal/business checks (Items will ship after the check has cleared.)
All orders will be shipped out within 24 hours of being placed, excluding weekends and holidays.
We will ship anywhere in the world. Customer is responsible for all shipping charges and any customs duty and/or taxes due at time of import into their country.