The WirieEx (Extender) is used to extend the WiFi coverage for The WirieAP+/pro local WiFi network and to connect Ethernet devices to the network. Shipped with mounting hardware and POE adapter with DC electrical pigtail (1A fuse and electrical cable not included).
The WirieEx in action
The WirieEx performs the functions of both a wireless bridge and a WiFi repeater to allow additional coverage areas for The WirieAP+/pro local WiFi network on larger yachts, as well as provide the ability to connect hard-wired Ethernet devices to The WirieAP+/pro local network.
DETAILED INFORMATION ABOUT THE WIRIEEx
- The WirieEx will repeat the WiFi signal from The WirieAP+/pro so you can provide additional coverage on larger yachts. On yachts longer then 50', we recommend the use of a Wirie Extender to assure good coverage everywhere below decks.
- Computers and devices used onboard will automatically "roam" between the WiFi networks based on signal strength. As you move around the vessel, the devices will automatically switch to the stronger signal.
- The WirieEx is small (6" x 1.5") so it can be mounted in tight spaces and away from view.
- The WirieEx is powered by a 12-24V power source. A short power pigtail is provided, additional DC cable (not included) is required for installation.
- The WirieEx provides an Ethernet port to connect hard-wired Ethernet devices. If needed, a network switch can be connected to provide multiple Ethernet ports.
- If desired, multiple WirieEx products can be installed and configured for very large vessels.
- There is no software to install. A 100% web-based User Interface gives you access to all functionality of The WirieEx from any WiFi enabled device, including your iPad, iPhone, or Android device.
- The WirieEx can be upgraded over time when new firmware updates become available. These are provided free of charge and are available for download in our support section.
- Requires DC electrical cable, 1A fuse, and optional switch to power on/off.
|Physical dimensions||6” x 1.5” x 1.5”|
|Power consumption||~3W (250mA@12V)|
|Voltage supported||10-28V DC|
|Maximum DC cable||Unlimited|
|Shipping size||8" x 2" x 2"|
|Shipping weight||1 lbs 0 oz|
|Data rate||Up to 150Mbps|
|Security||WEP 64/128, WPA, WPA-PSK, WPA2, WPA2-PSK, AES, TKIP|
|Frequency range||2412-2462 (NA)|
|Adapter transmit power||400mW (26 dBm)|
|Operating systems||Any (Windows, Apple, Linux, Android, iOS)|
|Compliance||FCC Part 15.247, IC RS210, RoHS|
|Operating temperature||-30C to +75C|
The Wirie is brilliant; we were online in Majors Bay, St. Kitts picking up a network from Nevis at least 2.5 miles away!
Love this product! If you ever need anyone to do a testament, I would heartily endorse the Wirie AP+. It doesn’t get any better than this, and the support provided is amazing in this day and age.
I just got a Wirie [AP+] from you last week. I’m really happy with it, especially with how easy it was to set up. Thanks for putting such a great product on the market.
The Wirie works extremely well – The Wirie took the xG signal 12 miles from the coast. You definitely have a happy customer here.
Got to France and am now using the Wirie to connect to WiFi from our canal boat. It is working great! We regularly connect to various WiFi connections that don’t even show up on our iPhone as available networks. It has really given us significantly more ability to keep in touch with family back home in the U.S. Don’t know what we would do without it!
Personal/business checks (Items will ship after the check has cleared.)
All orders will be shipped out within 24 hours of being placed, excluding weekends and holidays.
We will ship anywhere in the world. Customer is responsible for all shipping charges and any customs duty and/or taxes due at time of import into their country.